Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Strange Bedfellows

wrote in message
On May 12, 2:30 pm, "Ed Huntress" wrote:
"John Kunkel" wrote in message

. ..

"Ed Huntress" wrote in message

Barr announced his candidacy this morning.

A Libertarian and the only true conservative in the race.

Nope, just another run-of-the-mill Neocon. Compare his stance on major
issues to those of a real "true Conservative" like the late Barry
Goldwater.

You mean, like his stand favoring the right to abortion, or the one
supporting gays in the military? ("Everyone knows that gays have served
honorably in the military since at least the time of Julius Caesar.")

I dunno, John, but it doesn't sound much like a conservative. Maybe you
have
them mixed up with liberals?

--
Ed Huntress

"Every good Christian ought to kick [Jerry] Falwell right in the ass." --
Barry Goldwater

No, the mistake is in believing issues like that *define* a true
conservative.

A true conservative believes in less gov't intrusion into every-day
lives, and such a critter has not been seen for quite awhile.

There's a lot of brainwashing to be undone.

Dave

Well, you have an opportunity here, Dave. You can define what a true
conservative is. I'd put on a flak jacket, though, because the other
conservatives trying to define what a conservative is are not going to like
it, no matter what you say. And you'll all be right...and wrong.

--
Ed Huntress