Posted to uk.d-i-y
cynic cynic is offline

Default Unvented HW cylinder - regs for safety blow-off pipe?

On 12 May, 21:00, Ed Sirett wrote:
*So, I'm just

wondering if there is any way I'd be able to make use of this without
breaking regs or compromising the safety of the HW cylinder?

To do so, I'd have to bring the existing tundish down from about 1m high
to 30 cm off the floor (is that in itself allowed?), and add a tee into
the 22mm copper below the tundish, connected to a short vertical run
into which the 0.5" plastic drain hose from the dehumidifier would be
tucked. *Diagram below.

Do *not move existing tun dish. Max 500mm from cylinder to tundish is a
reg.

Without checking I suspect there are a number of regs that would be
breached.

what about a condensate pump and share the existing tundish?

The FAQ for uk.diy is athttp://www.diyfaq.org.uk
Gas fitting FAQ *http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFitting.html
Sealed CH FAQhttp://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html
Choosing a Boiler FAQhttp://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/BoilerChoice.html

To avoid any possibility of boiling water backing up AND avoid the
result of discharging 10 litres an hour of water out of the D2 pipe
onto a path, soil etc why not use the aircon condensate pump and pump
the condensate into a soil stack via a washing machine trap?