Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cicero Cicero is offline

Default Concealed hinges - how to fit?

On Mon, 12 May 2008 17:18:17 +0100, Lobster wrote:

I'm bought some concealed (Euro?) hinges from Screwfix for the doors of
a row of bathroom units I'm making:
http://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=2QAWLRQQVY30OCSTHZOSFFY?_dync harset=UTF-8&fh_search=19361+&x=10&y=8

Now, I've fitted these things from scratch in the past, but I now can't
figure out how the hell to do it! Must be getting old :-(

Which component do you fit first - frame or door ? - and how do you get
the positioning correct? There's no info that came with mine to give
any inkling, and Google is unfriendly on the matter today.

David

==================================
It's worth making a dummy door from an offcut.

Mark the position of the hinge (on the dummy door)with the outer edge of
the hinge about 1/8" (3mm) from the edge. Drill and fix the hinge to the
dummy and then fix the other part of the hinge (the bit which will attach
to cupboard carcase) to the main hinge and position in the mid position of
its adjustable range. Place the dummy door complete with hinge in position
against the carcase and use the hinge to mark the position of the hinge.
Fix the dummy door in the marked position and check to see that it opens
and closes correctly. Adjust as necessary. Make another dummy if necessary
to finalise the correct position of the hinge on the door - the 1/8"
suggested above is a good starting point.

Cic.
--
Using Ubuntu Linux