Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank Frank is offline

Default How to check on a house

On May 12, 3:26*am, Wayne Boatwright
wrote:
On Sun 11 May 2008 10:47:57p, *told us...

I'm a prospective home buyer. *Is there a way (like a government
resource) where I can check to see what repairs I might need to do to
a house before I purchase it. *For example, has the foundation been
cited as needing repair, the roof, is there a spider infestation, etc.

You need a home inspection by a licensed home inspector. *If you have a good
one, you'll learn all you need to know.

--
* * * * * * *Wayne Boatwright * * * * *

*
I forget how you detail the inspection but it can be condition of sale
and in buyer's market, the home seller could pay for it. Some houses
are advertised with an independent home inspector's report included.
Also, depending on local laws, there may be mandatory termite and
radon inspections that the home seller must do.