Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Who makes a high quality power supply?

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Michael Kennedy wrote:
What becomes obsolete in a power supply?
Good question.. Maybe he is talking about a ATX PC power supply? All of
my AT power supplies are unfortunately obsolete, at least for use in
modern computers.

Indeed - but the OP talked about a 30v 10A CVCC PS. Not that I know what
CVCC is - Google suggests it's the Cuckmere Valley Canoe Club. Perhaps
they use some form of electrolysis to reduce friction? ;-)

Constant Voltage Constant Current. AIUI, the OP isn't talking about a
computer power supply, or a benchtop piece of test equipment, but
something to build into a chassis of a custom piece of gear. We stick
with Lambda or Power One and have good results.

Correct regarding CV/CC but the OP is more than likely talking about a
variable bench supply :-) He is also asking for help how to use it, and
may be looking for what the difference between voltage and current and
what an adjustable current limit (damm useful!), sense connectors and
ground lift/connect may be used for.

Such things will be glossed over in the average chinese manual as those
concepts are self explanatory for the engineer person specifying and
buying such a unit. HP's (and most US written) manuals may be a bit more
forthcoming?

His is probably like Mastech's http://multimetercenter.com/hy3010Df.htm

Anyway, My experience is with Thurlby (TTi) bench power supplies, don't
know if these made it much in the US direction - but popular here in the
UK for business and education use.

We need the OP back ...

--
Adrian C