Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wayne Cook Wayne Cook is offline

Default Treadmill motor wiring diagram, anyone???

On Sun, 11 May 2008 09:50:45 -0700, Dave wrote:

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for the schematics way back then. This is the controller that was
supplied with the motor so I assume it is the correct one. I had put
them away boxed together.

I popped one of the brush carriers out and there is no connection to
anything internally. The spade terminal on the carrier is the only
available spot for a connection, but to where?

It is possible that back in 2000 when I had this running, I had been
instructed by someone on RCM to rewire it so I could use a reversing switch.

Would that have involved the field wiring and brush connections?

Yep.

Also I want this to run CCW ONLY, and it looks like the brush-angle
orientation suggests CW rotation.

Yes they're biased for one direction so I wouldn't recommend
extended running in reverse.

As for wiring it's pretty simple. Take one of the field windings and
run it to one of the brushes. Then take the other brush and field
winding to the controller. Swap either the field or the brush pair
(not both) to reverse.