Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Unvented HW cylinder - regs for safety blow-off pipe?

John Rumm wrote:
Lobster wrote:

To do so, I'd have to bring the existing tundish down from about 1m
high to 30 cm off the floor (is that in itself allowed?), and add a
tee into the 22mm copper below the tundish, connected to a short
vertical run into which the 0.5" plastic drain hose from the
dehumidifier would be tucked. Diagram below.

Not quite sure I follow that - whay would you need to move the tundish
in order to tee into the pipe below it?

Well, just that the dehumdifier, sitting on the floor, will need to
drain into a receptacle no more than about 40 cm off the floor, and if
boiling water were ever to be pouring at a high rate into the
currently-positioned tundish, then the dehumidifier drain could
presumably be an alternative route for the water to emerge rather than
routing it safely outside. So I was thinking, tundish should at least
be lower than the dehumidifier drain.