Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
legg legg is offline

Default CK727 PNP Si drift transistor - CK766 PNP Ge transistor ratings

On Mon, 12 May 2008 00:43:50 +0200, Fred Bartoli " " wrote:

legg a écrit :
The data sheet for the CK727 illustrated on the web page:

http://www.ck722museum.com/page7.html

- shows ratings for the part of

5nA (collector current) and
30nW(collector power dissipation).

I think the 5nA and 30nW you read are actually 5mA and 30mW. Zooming at
the datasheet show that it has been scanned at a very limited resolution
and image compression does "wonders". At some other places in text "m"
can also be mistaken for "n".

I don't see bad scanning. Other letters on the identical vertical
axis, including an "m" are uncorrupted, though other instances of m as
n occur elsewhere (enitter and anbient share the same vertical axis)
These look like image format conversion errors due to compression.

Scanning errors are more common on a horizontal (short dimension of
platen), and you can see that in varying text hight and chopped art
detail. The scale and font seems to change between lines, though
constant spacing is preserved between lines.

It doesn't explain 4 or 2mW in the D.A.T.A. source.

I've had a response and a data sheet forwarded from Bob McGarrah for
the CK722, one of the '4mW' devices.

The only place 4mW shows up is in the derating factor of 4mW/degC to
0watts at 70degC. Thats 80mW at 50degC and 180mW at 25degC.

If I can see a data sheet for the '2mW' victims and read a 2mW
derating factor, it would point to the source of error.

RL