Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Treadmill motor wiring diagram. William!!

"Dave" wrote in message
Woohooo William, the belt sander lives again.

Thanks, that did the trick. The first try was wired as described, the
motor just growled. I swapped the momentary switch wire to the Neutral
side of the mains and bingo. Starts in an instant, CCW every time.

Thank you so much for suggesting a momentary switch to replace the relay.
I would never have thought of it.

I had a suitable switch in the scrap box. I purchased a $20 box of mixed
switches from one of the surplus places and as it turns out I got three
robust momentary in the batch. A no cost repair, my favorite.

I am guessing this cheap Chinese motor will last another 10 years. g

Thanks also to all who offered help with the treadmill motor. I'd still
like to know how to wire it just in case I need to use it the future.

Dave

glad to be of service -- if the windings dont' get destroyed, there is
almost no failure mode for an AC induction motor - bearings can go bad, but
they are cheap to replace, the starter can go bad, as you saw, but it's not
hard to work around, and if there is a capacitor, it can (and will) go bad
but is easy to change.

the moral here is to fix rather than replace with something different. It's
not too hard.