Posted to alt.hvac,alt.home.repair
KJPRO KJPRO is offline

Default GE Window Air Conditioner ASM14L Qiestions

"Tom" wrote in message
I bought a GE window air conditioner ASM14L 14,000 BTU 115volt unit.
After installing the unit I noticed a couple of things that concern me.
What do you think?

The removable air filter is nothing more than plastic or nylon mesh. I
don't see how it's going to filter much of anything
and I don't see how I can add a a different filter.

The rear of the installed unit doesnot have a protective grill over the
cooling fins on the back of the unit. The rear of the case has
indentations and mounting holes for a rear protective grill. I called GE
customer service and was told the unit didnot ship w/ a protective grill
for the the cooling fins. Any suggestiuons how I can get a grill for the
back?

Tom

Niether is a concern.
The air filter will do its job and the condenser coil will be fine. Unless
you like throwing rocks at it.