Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Dave[_24_] Dave[_24_] is offline

Default Treadmill motor wiring diagram. William!!

Woohooo William, the belt sander lives again.

Thanks, that did the trick. The first try was wired as described, the
motor just growled. I swapped the momentary switch wire to the Neutral
side of the mains and bingo. Starts in an instant, CCW every time.

Thank you so much for suggesting a momentary switch to replace the
relay. I would never have thought of it.

I had a suitable switch in the scrap box. I purchased a $20 box of mixed
switches from one of the surplus places and as it turns out I got three
robust momentary in the batch. A no cost repair, my favorite.

I am guessing this cheap Chinese motor will last another 10 years. g

Thanks also to all who offered help with the treadmill motor. I'd still
like to know how to wire it just in case I need to use it the future.

Dave