Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Treadmill motor wiring diagram, anyone???

"Dave" wrote in message
. ..
Hi William,

Thanks for the great suggestion, I would be happy to do that but you have
just exceeded my knowledge of electrics and electronics. grin In
anticipation of a reply like this, yesterday I measured the following.

The motor has 3 wires going inside the body, Red, White and Brown.

Red - White is 2 Ohms
Red - Brown is 6 Ohms
White - Brown is 7 Ohms

If I apply power to two wires and kick start the motor by hand after about
3 seconds I get a steady, no load current draw of

Red - White 7 Amps
Red - Brown 3.2 Amps
White - Brown 13 Amps.

I am guessing at 7A the Red - White are 115v the running pair. So now
where do I put the momentary switch?

Thanks for all the help so far.

Dave

ok, try wiring it as follows

White wire - hook to power
Red wire - hook to on/off switch
other side of on/off switch - hook to power
Brown wire - hook to momentary switch
Other side of momentary switch - hook to red wire

test it, if it works and seems to run normally, then it's done. if it
sounds like it's working "hard", then it's not right - try other
combinations - if it doesn't start right, try connecting the momentary
switch to white instead of red, but I'm reasonably sure the above is correct