Posted to uk.d-i-y
Frank Erskine Frank Erskine is offline

Default Rain anyone ?

On Sun, 11 May 2008 22:40:38 +0100, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:

Well, the day started absolutely scorching, but by 4pm the rainclouds
had gathered.

Lets put it this way, i've had a PC or two on 24/7 since ~1993 and
today was the first time I not only switched them off, but also
_unplugged_ them and the router.

Lightning like we've never seen it, extremely heavy rain lasting about
an hour, and this was the road outside - luckily we're in the
"shallow" end (!)

Whereabouts are you? It's been quite a nice day here today, warm,
albeit a bit of a sea-fret close to the coast, but there's been no
precipitation yet (famous last words!).

At about 4pm I was walking the dog in a country park, eating an
ice-cream, and wearing shorts and a polo shirt. Just a little cooler
tonight as I went to the pub.

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland