Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Scope thingy?

On Sun, 11 May 2008 07:01:18 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm,
Richard Edwards quickly quoth:

On Sat, 10 May 2008 21:05:33 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

ask $39.95, just on general principles, so I asked to see it. Says
B&K 2160, 60mhz Osillyscope. Clean, neat, looked brand new, no
scratches, no dings, and when I turned it on..had a little bitty green
line in the tv looking part. He opined that it was 30% off day..so Id
best get my (Wrangler clad) ass to the checkout stand before 12 to get
the discount. He left

We ..she and I, hunted around for a probe, but couldnt find any, but I
remembered I had some in the truck for my Tektronixs scope thingy..I
picked up the critter, and she ran her hands down my arms, gave me her
phone number and patted my (Wrangler clad) ass and walked me to the
register, where I got my 30% off of the $39.95 price of the sillyscope
thingy.

I got home, plugged it in, and made the green line do all sorts of
nifty things, played with the Component Tester section and the
multiple channels and delayed sweep lines and whatnot. Seems to be
working ok. Still not quite sure what its used for, but its REAL
NEAT!!

Now Ive got to go, Im supposed to pick the computer lady (Carmen) up
at 9:30 tonight and we is gonna go shoot some pool and whatnot. When
we talked on the phone, she asked what to wear, and I allowed that I
like to see skin, and she giggled and said she would show me some.

Ifen I wasnt a gentleman, Id let yall know in the morning, if its one
gloat..or two.

Gunner, you da man!

Gunner, taking a handful of Centrum vitamins and putting on his
boots...

Boots? Are you telling fibs enough to need boots now?

I dont't know how you do it. I would be an incoherent slavering wreck.
Knowing that a laying out few bucks and I could get my hands on it,
turn it on, twiddle its knobs, probe its inner recesses!

It sounds like you're talking about both his date and his scope buy,
Richard. Heh heh heh.

--
Difficulties are meant to rouse, not discourage.
The human spirit is to grow strong by conflict.