Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ken Sterling[_2_] Ken Sterling[_2_] is offline

Default Treadmill motor wiring diagram, anyone???

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply.

The original motor was AC with a delay relay instead of start cap.
Therefore I cannot simply use a start cap as there is no centrifugal
switch in the motor. The AC motor runs fine, but I have to hand start it
to give it direction.

I'd also challenge the "cheap" statement as this thing has done 1000s of
hours work and had the switch-relay not fried I am sure it would do many
more 1000s as the motor runs smooth, cool and quiet.

The Treadmill motor that SC had gazillions of came with it's own
controller. I assumed people that were familiar with the treadmill motor
from SC would know what I am talking about. Sorry, I should have been
more specific.

The schematic in the drop box that I mentioned is for the GE controller.
I have both the GE controller and the GE DC treadmill motor. This motor
has a 5/8" shaft about 1-1/2" long and keyed 3/16" I think. It us rated
at 2hp, but given it's size and max current draw, I am guessing closer
to 3/4hp.

It is not a permanent magnet DC motor as it has windings.

Perhaps see my reply posts to William and Art as well.

Dave

Dave......
Get a Sinpac Switch (Electronic Starting Switch) PV16 should do it.
Google for the information. I've installed lots of them and haven't
had ANY crap out yet (YET!) Replaces centrifugal actuators and
switches easily.
Ken.