Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Richard Edwards[_2_] Richard Edwards[_2_] is offline

Default Scope thingy?

On Sat, 10 May 2008 21:05:33 -0700, Gunner
wrote:

I was in a second hand store today, 30% off before noon, and browsing
around. They have a computer department, sell donated computers after
fixing em up. The repair tech is this really cute latina chick, and we
got to chatting. Over her shoulder I could see this scope thingy...had
a square screen and lots of buttons and knobs, and I asked her about
it. Now her English isnt all that great, but we managed to communicate
pretty well, and she said someone had donated it, but she didnt know
what it was either but the power light came on and some sort of green
line appears in the scope part.

Now Ive always been a sucker for flashy lights and lots of knobs and
electronical kinda stuff and cute little latinas, so I asked her for a
price for it, and her phone number. She called her boss over, El
Jeffe, and he blinked a bit, scratched his head, they babbled back in
forth in Espaniol for a bit and then he opinied that he would have to
ask $39.95, just on general principles, so I asked to see it. Says
B&K 2160, 60mhz Osillyscope. Clean, neat, looked brand new, no
scratches, no dings, and when I turned it on..had a little bitty green
line in the tv looking part. He opined that it was 30% off day..so Id
best get my (Wrangler clad) ass to the checkout stand before 12 to get
the discount. He left

We ..she and I, hunted around for a probe, but couldnt find any, but I
remembered I had some in the truck for my Tektronixs scope thingy..I
picked up the critter, and she ran her hands down my arms, gave me her
phone number and patted my (Wrangler clad) ass and walked me to the
register, where I got my 30% off of the $39.95 price of the sillyscope
thingy.

I got home, plugged it in, and made the green line do all sorts of
nifty things, played with the Component Tester section and the
multiple channels and delayed sweep lines and whatnot. Seems to be
working ok. Still not quite sure what its used for, but its REAL
NEAT!!

Now Ive got to go, Im supposed to pick the computer lady (Carmen) up
at 9:30 tonight and we is gonna go shoot some pool and whatnot. When
we talked on the phone, she asked what to wear, and I allowed that I
like to see skin, and she giggled and said she would show me some.

Ifen I wasnt a gentleman, Id let yall know in the morning, if its one
gloat..or two.

Gunner, taking a handful of Centrum vitamins and putting on his
boots...

I dont't know how you do it. I would be an incoherent slavering wreck.
Knowing that a laying out few bucks and I could get my hands on it,
turn it on, twiddle its knobs, probe its inner recesses!

The scope, yeah a good buy!

--

Richard

Email address is valid but remove burrs before sending!