Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall Andy Hall is offline

Default Monday at Lidl

On 2008-05-10 22:27:44 +0100, "Dave Liquorice"
said:

On Sat, 10 May 2008 21:53:54 +0100, Andy Hall wrote:

The correct approach is for the store to supply staff to do the
packing. That is the way to avoid wasting of peoples' time.

Only if said packers can pack neatly and sensibly not just bung the
nearest bit of produce into a bag until it's full then dump it in the
trolly. So things that a squishable, like bread, doesn't end up at the
bottom of the trolly under a bag full of tins. All the chilled/dairy stu
ff
is in it's bag, fruit & veg (correctly ordered squishables on top) in
another etc. Bottles tins, stood/stacked within a bag.

Somebody doing the job of packing at the till should know these things.
I've never had a problem when I've asked Waitrose and others to do
it.

This is how I pack and unless the checkout person is really zapping the

stuff through I'm not keeping others waiting. Even then I have my paymen
card ready and the time the card takes to authorise allows me to catch u
p.

All of which is why the store should be providing packers. They can
do that job while the customer pays.

It's the ones that wait until there is a good stack of goods waiting for

bagging before starting to pack and then can't open the freebie bag and

then have to find their purse/wallet to find payment after the checkout

operator has told them the total, with 50% of the good still unpacked th
at
get my goat.

Again completely avoidable by the store doing the packing.