Posted to alt.energy.homepower,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.repair

Default 280V motor on 230V circuit

wrote:

In alt.engineering.electrical Michael A. Terrell wrote:

| The central air kicks on without my lights dimming, and I am in North
| Central Florica.

I bet it's on its own branch circuit, too.

So what? The meter is on a pole on one side of the driveway ( two
feet from the property line, because Progress Energy does not allow
drops to cross a driveway anymore.), and an outdoor breaker box is on
the remaining four foot stump of the old pole on the other side of the
paved drive, about 40 feet away. The 60 A breaker for the AC is in that
box, along with the 100 A main breaker that is used as a disconnect for
the house. That box is over 125 feet from the pole pig, on a 150 A
service. That box also feeds another underground line to the laundry
building,, and well pump. The main breaker box for the house is another
20 feet from the outdoor box. Now, tell me how it can have no effect on
the line voltage. I still see very little flickering, usually only on
hot summer days when everyone in the subdivision is using the AC and
their kitchen stoves at the same time. That is usually followed by a
blown 60 A fuse in the 7200 volt line, feeding my street.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida