Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RAM³ RAM³ is offline

Default Bush exempts Navy from environmental laws

"pyotr filipivich" wrote in message
I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner
wrote on Fri, 18 Jan 2008 10:38:56
-0800 in rec.crafts.metalworking :
On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 20:10:57 -0800, "William Noble"
wrote:

look - there may be many arguable things that one would do to protect the
environment - but right now, there is no urgent need for this sonar, the
US
mainland is not under attack by rogue sumbarines,

So when training to detect submarines, you suggest that we simply duct
tape some dixie cups to the operators ears, and somone in the room
makes some squeeky noises as a simulation of the real thing?

Then I, when I go to the range, should simply point my weapon at the
target, and shout Bang, Bang? This is good training..eco friendly
training, correct?

You don't even need to go to the range. You can just sit there at
your kitchen table, and imagine going to the range to say "bang bang".

I read recently, of an experiment where there were three groups.
One group was set to work practicing piano all day. The 'control'
group just sat in the room with the piano for the same number of
hours. The third group was in the room with the piano, but imagined
doing the same exercises as the first group. Brain scans were made
of all three groups. The first group saw the most change, the second
(control) group saw 'no' changes, but the third group saw change, more
than the control group, but not as much as the actual practices.
So there may be something to the "think about it" school of
practice.

tschus
pyotr

Gunner

--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed

Perhaps you need to re-view the movie/play by Meredith Wilson: "The Music
Man".