Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default Compressor Gloat

"johnnytorch" wrote:

Grainger had the thing at less than half off. The reason? It had a leaky
regulator, so the the local Ingersoll-Rand sevice center repaired & tested
it. They had to put gas in it to do so. Grainger can't sell an item with gas
in it as new. This means a $985 compressor for $450. Plus the gas in the
tank.

I took it outside to "try before I buy". It has a similar Honda engine that
my pressure washer has, so I know how to set all the levers. Started up
first pull. A little noisy, but pressures up quickly and then idles down to
a whisper.

I'll take it.

Sweet. Just received a flash unit for my Sony V3 from the Amazon return
center. Not so thrilled to pay full freight for a return item.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=27883198

Metalworking content. I bought it to do a better job of photographing
exhibits at next years Names show.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=27788250

Wes