Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default "Colder weather" Garage door opener issue

EXT wrote:
It is a laugh to read about you southern softies talking about
"colder" weather in relationship to doors, concrete and many other
subjects. Here, temperatures below 50 degrees are a nice warm spring
day. Cold doesn't start until the temperature goes below 30 degrees,
and that can be a mild day, it doesn't really get real cold until it
starts to dive below 0 degrees. Northerners learn to do everything in
that temperature. Buildings get built, concrete poured, doors open
and close, cars start and run, people go to work, children go to
school.

It's what you're used to.

Here in Houston, it snows - mayber a quarter inch - once every ten years.
They close the schools, freeways, everything. People stock up on canned
goods and huddle in the family room wearing everything they own. Prayers are
not uncommon. Visitors from the North giggle uncontrollably.

When a hurricane approaches, we stock up on beer and Strawberry PopTarts and
invite the neighbors for a party. Our northern visitors look down and say
"Feet, make tracks!"