Posted to alt.home.repair
Chris Hill[_2_] Chris Hill[_2_] is offline

Default ChiCom Crap costing me money!!!

On Fri, 09 May 2008 14:38:17 GMT, evodawg wrote:

Anyone else having this problem with cheap ass crap coming over from China.
Did a bunch of odd jobs yesterday and one was hanging a rather large
mirror.After hanging it and while I was standing there admiring my work and
the customer standing there to, one side of the hanger bracket broke. I
caught it just in time before it crashed to the floor. The customer looked
at me like I was an idiot. Upon further review the ring on mirror that hooks
to the hanger on the wall completely separated. It was not welded just
pressed together. I explained this to the customer but of course it
couldn't be her problem since she bought a cheap piece of crap from China.

Doubt I will ever get a call from her again.

Don't buy 3/4 inch galvanized nipples made in China either. I put a
pair on a water filter I installed. The first set made it a month or
two before the leaks began. I replaced them, and one of the new ones
is going after a year. I just ordered up a pair of american made
nipples to hopefully put the problem to rest once and for all.