Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default ChiCom Crap costing me money!!!

evodawg wrote:
Anyone else having this problem with cheap ass crap coming over from
China. Did a bunch of odd jobs yesterday and one was hanging a rather
large mirror.After hanging it and while I was standing there admiring
my work and the customer standing there to, one side of the hanger
bracket broke. I caught it just in time before it crashed to the
floor. The customer looked at me like I was an idiot. Upon further
review the ring on mirror that hooks to the hanger on the wall
completely separated. It was not welded just pressed together. I
explained this to the customer but of course it couldn't be her
problem since she bought a cheap piece of crap from China.

Doubt I will ever get a call from her again.

I doubt you will either.

Did you complain about the boards you used for the other projects being too
long? Or not being pre-nailed?

Sometimes "ready-to-install" items are not and must be adjusted, tuned,
shaped, re-worked, twisted, sanded, or even, god forbid, "some assembly
required."

Ever buy a toilet that came with a wax ring? Or a "pre-hung" door that had a
tube of caulk in the kit?