Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Conversion to gas? ? ?

"Lou" wrote in message

We run two 125 HP boilers fired with gas. They are checked for
efficiency
every two months. We are, in fact, putting on controls at $45,000 to
gain
just 2% in efficiency. They get opened and cleaned once a year and the
fire
side gets a quick brushing. Takes one person about an hour

When having to spend that much money, I'd start looking at Solar
energy.
Or you can keep paying out the monthly fees to the different power
companies.
Lou

The boilers have input of 5,500,000 Btu each. Tell me how many acres of
solar I'll need to convert 350 to 450 gallons of water per hour (at 60
degrees) to steam at 100 psi, especially running at night.