Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC woes

In article ,
"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:

As I said it appears symmetrical. Nor are there any markings on it. And it
can only be fitted one of two ways due to the clip. Do you actually know
the type of heatsink supplied with the Athlon 64 3000+ ? And how would you
account for it working ok for over a year if fitted incorrectly?

It could have worked loose, but I think you're ruling out the
heatsink with the subsequent tests.

You can get a new cpu and MB for about £99 which is probably the easiest
solution.

Looking that way.

If you're anywhere near Bracknell, there's a computer fair on
Sunday which is usually stuffed full of this sort of thing.

http://www.britishcomputerfairs.com/...rplan?vnu_id=5

As you'll see from the webpage, it moves around the South every
Sunday. Also happens every Saturday near Tottenham Court Road,
but the lighting's so poor in that venue it's difficult to see
what you're buying.

--
Andrew Gabriel