Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Fastening to metal studs

On May 9, 5:00*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
wrote:
This can definitely be saved...I think...

Have fun G

Lew

I built a kitchen table, per request of a dear client of mine, which
protruded 8 feet from the wall of her kitchen, no support, and 28"
wide. It became a torsion box, Baltic birch and WEST epoxy. The anchor
inside the wall was a simple doubling up of baltic birch.
*I* figured, that if that stuff was good enough for Mosquito bomber,
it was okay for my application.

When *I* sat on the end of that table with my ample weight, the
downward deflection was somewhere between 3/8 and 1/2 inches. It was
only 3" thick.

I luuuuuv torsion boxes.