Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman Phisherman is offline

Default Construction costs

On Fri, 9 May 2008 10:06:46 -0400, "JohnnyC" wrote:

What are you guys seeing to construction costs in your part of the country?
Are they coming down at all due to the lousy economy? I want to put an
addition on the house am wondering if now is the time to pull the trigger on
it.

I am in the northeast. Thanks.

I just got my renewal home insurance statement. It is up 15% from one
year ago. The letter "justified" the increase due to cost of
materials. I guess my $200K home would cost $230 to rebuild it, and
then it would still be a $200 house. Insurance companies... the
necessary evil!