Scott Cramer

Default Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 19:10:15 GMT, Scott Cramer
wrote:

SYC is a national volunteer ministry that grants requests from
terminally ill and handicapped youth in the field of shooting and
hunting.

So... the donated funds go to kids whose dying wish is... to kill
something. It shore don't get much more Christian than that, Bubba.

Is there something wrong with hunting and shooting, Scott?

Not as such. I enjoy plinking and target shooting myself on
occasion, and SWMBO's family are all hunters. Guns don't kill people.
People with guns kill people.

There is something awry when you combine that sport with religion. I
can see the NRA sponsoring such a charity - the "Make a Death Wish
Foundation" or some such. Here's the rub: the folks who consider "Thou
shalt not kill" among their basic principles are out knocking on doors with
their hands out to help terminally ill kids shoot something. Now, I know
that the commandment refers to killing people, but there's more than a bit
of irony there.