Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Power washers, I didn't know that

Broadback wrote:
I expect everyone else did. I decided to use water from my butt to
wash the car using a power washer. When I had finished I was amazed
at how little water has been used, in my ignorance I thought they
would use more than just a hose, but in fact use far less.

That is the raison detre of a pressure washer. They were invented &
developed in Denmark & Germany where water was & still is an expensive
comodity. The original sales argument was 'clean with less water', not
'clean faster/better'.

When supplied by the mains it can't use more water - it can only use up to
the maximum flow of the mains supply - typically HPC's use 80% less water
per task.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk