Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ted Ted is offline

Default My new website

Joe,

Thank you for your suggestions. It sounds like you have built a few
pages in you life. Some of what you mention I have already
considered and will probably incorporate as I further develop the
pages (a page about the process of turning, a page for contacts and
ordering, dividing galleries into smaller sections, etc.) Some of
your other comments I have not considered. Some of the pages were
done quickly just to get the site up and online. I have a lot of
people making inquiries.

A few of the problems are limitations of the software I am using.
Either that or Sandvox will do things that I don't yet know. This is
my first stab so to speak at using Sandvox to build a set of web
pages. For instance I don't know how to use any use anything but
their standard backgrounds, yet. Also, I have tried to move "Created
by Sandvox" to another location with no success. I hate to write code
and the version of Sandvox that I am using has very limited code
writing abilities. I may have to suck it up and upgrade to the Pro
version.

One thing you said I don't quite understand:
Keep consistent names across site. Gallery 2 is also called "Natural
Edged Bowls" in different locations.

I cannot find what you mean by this statement. Originally I had pages
for more various types of turnings and one of the pages was named
"Natural Edged Bowls". I decided at the last minute to change to two
galleries until I can sort out how I really want to define each type.
I thought I had changed everything back to Gallery 2. As I reviewed
the pages just now I don't see what you are referring to. Please let
me know where you see this problem.

Also, when I view the pages (on my Macintosh using Safari) the contact
us links are all the same size on every page. I didn't realize that
some browsers would interpret something like this differently than
others.

Some things I think I may be stuck with unless I use different
software. For instance I don't like the leaves as prev-next buttons
either but each page type in Sandvox has its own predefined scheme.

Thanks again for the comments. I will be using many of your
suggestions in future updates.
Ted