Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Fastening to metal studs

On May 9, 11:20*am, "Swingman" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote

So whatsitgonna be? A pop and sub or a soda and a hoagy? G

An R'erC and a moonpie, thanks!

Moonpie.... errrmmm.... maybe I shouldn't elaborate. ( but it had to
do with da girlfriend, walking on the beach at night.. then she'd
check the laces on her sneakers....alas I said too much
already.......)

Molly Bolts, eh? Yes, Those flare out like a star and are some tough.
One use only. The toggles, you can take out the screw and have the
wing part fall down and re-insert the a new toggle.
Lew is right about them being a sloppy hole, but used in conjunction
with a french cleat, they are very solid.
Long cleats have the problem of walls being not-flat.