Posted to rec.woodworking
Dr. Deb Dr. Deb is offline

Default Humidor

Dr. Deb wrote:

I need a bit of help. A friend of my just sent me an e-mail from his
deployment in the MidEast and told me he is coming home on mid tour leave.
While here he has been asked to build a presentation humidor for his
commander. Making the box is not a problem - of course taking it from
humid Alabama to the arid MidEast is something to be factored in (read
plywood for the top and bottom)

What I need help with is the finish. I was thinking of using Watco Oil
and doing the 7 coats and sanding with progressively finer grits and
finishing it all off with a good coat of Briwax.

Am I good to go or is there a better finish?

Thanks

Deb

Know what I like about this Group, stuff like the three of you just posted.
Thanks.

Yes, we are using unfinished Spanish Cedar for the inside. I had not
thought of finishing the inside or floating the cedar. Will do both.

As for the finish, thanks. One can always use a new choice.

Deb