Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default PC woes

In article ,
Mark wrote:
One other thing I found - not being well up on cable select, or even
reading the instructions on the HD - I'd set it to master but had
plugged in into the slave connector of the cable. So the BIOS reported
no master but slave only. I'd also set the two CD writers to master and
slave on the other IDE bus.

If you have set the jumper to master then it is irrelevant which
connector you use.

The BIOS reported it as master not present, but slave only. I was hoping
correcting this might speed up the damn thing.;-) But it's totally fooked
at the moment anyway. I'll look at it again this evening.

--
*How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.