Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default wet room - how to?

On May 8, 11:07*pm, Andy Hall wrote:
On 2008-05-08 10:42:21 +0100, "Man at B&Q" said:

On May 7, 7:53*pm, Mike Dodd wrote:
What is the point of a wet room? Other than following the latest
fashion trend?

MBQ

Try one.

I have to admit to sharing your skepticism until we spent a night in a
hotel with a wet-room. Absolutely fantastic. Showering without a shower
screen or curtain, complete freedom between facilities, not worrying
about wet feet marks, etc. The whole experience was quite liberating.

Why do you need "freedon between facilities"? You can always **** in
the shower instead of showering in the ****pot.

I don't understand the comment about not worrying about wet feet
marks. The whole bloody floor is wet!There has to be aboundary between
wet & dry somewhere, all you do is move the problem further from the
shower.

MBQ

That is achieved by the slope in the floor and appropriate drain position.

The floor is still wet, even if most of the standing water has drained
away.

The shower cubicle and curtain idea has only arisen in the UK

If that's true then it's been well copied around the world.

MBQ