Posted to uk.d-i-y
Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default CH motorised valves gripe

Spamlet wrote:

You like forking out £60's every two years to buy the same faulty kit
over and over.

I reckon that my Danfoss actuators have each worked reliably for at least 5
years - and not all failures have been due to micro-switches - the motor got
tired on the last one. I think the last replacement cost me about £35 - so
I'm not sure that I can really complain about a cost of £7 p.a.

I *have* taken some of the failed ones apart, and concluded that whereas I
*could* replace components, it was very fiddly and not really worth it.

I think the concensus is that these valves do cause *some* annoyance, but
are don't really merit the major rant which they received in your initial
post.

As others have said, 2-port valves seem to be more reliable (and are
certainly a lot less complicated). So maybe you should convert your system
to S-Plan to avoid having to keep replacing the 3-port valve. Even so,
2-port valves are not guaranteed to work for ever!
--
Cheers,
Roger