Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default wet room - how to?

Andy Hall wrote:

On 2008-05-08 23:26:52 +0100, (Steve Firth) said:

Andy Hall wrote:

It's perfectly possible to design a wet room in a small space and have it
work effectively.

The hell it is. They're a really stupid idea, possibly designed for/by
those who miss the days of the communal cold shower at public school.
Every one I have used results in towels being unusable because they are
"pre-damped" by humidity and drying one's feet turns into some bloody
silly hopping around the room game.

Then it wasn't designed with proper ventilation, heating and drainage.

That's every single one I have tried. So "they" not "it" and you're
still wrong, They're just a **** idea.

A far better solution is to have a large glass shower screen and a
shallow tray installed at floor level. If an architect proposes a wet
room to me, I reach for a pen and start drafting a letter of dismissal.

I imagine that they would feel relieved.

Imagine what you like.