Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Electrical problems

Mikko Peltoniemi wrote in
:

Frank wrote:

Whenever I hear a BOOM (like a bomb blast) I know the whole
neighborhood goes down without power, either mine or another
neighborhood down stream on another feeder. That BOOM comes from an
adjacent substation tripping a high voltage, high current circuit
breaker. So breakers do go BOOM, just not the little house breakers.

Since all it turned out to be was a loose wire, I can only assume the
boom that I heard was actually a door slamming. That door slam then
rattled the wire just enough to become undone, and thus breaking the
circuit...

How bout some more details. Loose wire in a light, outlet? Another
notorious back-stabbed outlet?