Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Soffit boards - like Hardie Boards; but not..? What is it?

Steve wrote in
.128:

"StarMan" wrote in
:

Thanks for the idea.

The bill is in the e-mail.

I'd need a full-length shim strip since it would need to contact the
screen at the edge.

I've used paint stirrers for shims. They're not the best wood, but
they're consistently sized (and free).

Shims, backing, spacers, split pcs for plugging oversize holes in wood by
coating with glue and pounding in (wood match sticks good for this too),
I mean I use those for all kinds of stuff. I always grab a few when in
the Borg whether I buy paint or not. The 5gal ones are 1/4"...very
valuable:-)

I get the idea one day to swing by paint counter at WalMart and snag
some. The cheap *******s have them behind the counter with a sign above
them for the employee "Only 1 paint stick per customer". Can you imagine,
of the 10 richest people in the US, 5 of them are Waltons. Almost as
disgusting as that Sears Whore Bob VIla.

Recently I went to get a paint stick to actually mix paint. I had run out
:-(

Actually I've found where they made cedar lap siding (I guess a fiber
board; I didn't yet look closely at how it's made) which is of the
exact size I have (7-7/8" x 7/16") but I have no idea where to get
one locally.

Check with lumber yards. You'd be surprised what they can order. They
may be able to get an exact replacement for you.