Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug White Doug White is offline

Default OT - As the noose tightens on the progun crowd...

Before anyone writes off the "pro-gun crowd", consider the following:

I live in Lexington, MA which is a hotbed of rabid liberalism, and
because it's in Massachusetts, you can't own a firearm with out a
license.

My youngest step daughter is in 9th grade, and is taking "Health", which
is where the school lobbies against sex & drugs. She had a "worksheet"
on drugs she had to fill out. The final question was "Where do you stand
on your choices to use or not use drugs and WHY?

She responded with: "The answer to 'why' is plain and simple. There are
cooler ways to die. Also, why would I want to risk not being able to get
a gun license in the future?"

Her teacher commented: "Interesting perspective!"

Needless to say, I'm very proud of my step daughter. With luck, she'll
be shooting in the local high power league with my wife & I next year.
For now, she contents herself with spending saturday mornings in a bunker
with bullets cracking overhead while she scores targets at the 200 yard
line. She makes $38 for 2 and a half hours work, which is a good bit
better than baby sitting.

Doug White