Posted to alt.home.repair
Speedy Jim[_2_] Speedy Jim[_2_] is offline

Default Update, Ruud AC Unit Not Cooling

S. Barker wrote:

ACTUALLY "freon" was a brand name registered by dupont for r-12.

And no, i have no idea about discontinued products before r-12. But it does
seem they experimented with some ammonia type products on automotive
applications.

steve

Read the (condensed) history he
http://refrigerants.dupont.com/Suva/...ory/index.html

Jim

"cshenk" wrote in message
news
I figured it out. Freon is generic name for the refridgerant R-22. Must
come in other types.

Steve, (since you read the thread figure you will see this) is there an
older version of this which is phased out now? I know you listed ones
still in production, just was wondering if my system uses something older
that really is gone. Then again, could be some city ordinance or
something I'm tripping over here? (Norfolk VA area).