Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Red is offline

Default Sanding concrete flaw in driveway ...

On May 8, 12:52*pm, wrote:
Hello,

A small area of my driveway in front of the garage has a raised area
that actually slopes slightly toward the garage. The result, of
course, is that water enters under the garage door and pools in the
garage. Using a level, I found the area on the drivaeway that slopes
inward. It's about 1 ft. wide and maybe 1.5 ft long. Anyway, my first
thought is to sand or grind this part of the driveway to be more
uniform with the rest of the driveway in front of the garage. I'm not
a contractor; not even a weekend warrior. Not sure what I need. What
kind of sander or grinder? Since it's such a small area, will a hand-
held tool work OK. Is is something I can rent?

Thanks in advance.

If you have the time, patience, & elbow gease, they make a handheld
stone for grinding concrete flaws. Not worth the effort on big flaws,
but used on one your size it is doable and safe from overdoing with a
machine.. You can get one at most hardware stores.

Red