Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Sanding concrete flaw in driveway ...

On 5/8/2008 10:52 AM spake thus:

A small area of my driveway in front of the garage has a raised area
that actually slopes slightly toward the garage. The result, of
course, is that water enters under the garage door and pools in the
garage. Using a level, I found the area on the drivaeway that slopes
inward. It's about 1 ft. wide and maybe 1.5 ft long. Anyway, my first
thought is to sand or grind this part of the driveway to be more
uniform with the rest of the driveway in front of the garage. I'm not
a contractor; not even a weekend warrior. Not sure what I need. What
kind of sander or grinder? Since it's such a small area, will a hand-
held tool work OK. Is is something I can rent?

Grinder, not sander. Yes, you can rent them. They come either in
hand-held or "walk-behind" versions. They take a little care in use in
order to get level results without divots and such.

Count on also renting or acquiring a respirator (not a dust mask). Plus
sealing off any nearby living areas you don't want coated with fine
concrete dust.

conversation with the average voter.

- Attributed to Winston Churchill