Posted to alt.home.repair
StarMan StarMan is offline

Default Soffit boards - like Hardie Boards; but not..? What is it?

My house, late 80s Florida construction, has a continuous vented soffit made
out of screen between two boards which are like Hardie; but not.

Harie Board seems closer to 1/4" but this stuff in my soffit is more like
1/2". It's 7-7/8" wide and seems made of some pressed wood with the faux
woodgrain finish.

A small leak caused by the satellite dish caused some deterioration. I can
replace the wood easily enough but I can't seem to find a replacement for
this soffit board. Neither my local Home Depot nor Lowe's had them.

Anyone know what this might be and what it might be called, so when I call
around looking for it I know what to ask? Is this stuff even made anymore?