Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default insulating basement condo

On May 8, 9:05*am, willshak wrote:
on 5/8/2008 9:37 AM sid said the following: Finishing the basement of a condo. *I intend to insulate the outside
walls, but do I need to insulate the inside walls ? (the walls between
units), they are not cinder-block, they are poured.

Thanks

Sid.

The outside of the basement is already insulated, with dirt.
I insulated my poured basement walls with studs, insulation and sheetrock.
The average year round temps down here, without any heat supply, is
between 62-75º F.
I do have the oil boiler and propane water heater down here, which
supplies a little heat in the winter, and the house AC helps cool it in
the summer, since cool air flows downward.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Dirt is not insulation, my freeze depth is 3.5ft, dirt transfers cold.