Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_9_] Frank[_9_] is offline

Default What paint for white stucco.

"PaPaPeng" wrote in message

I had to sparay paint the walnut stain on the wood trim of my mostly
white stucco house. Brush painting would have been very long and
difficult to do by myself. There is some overspray of dark brown on
the stucco. What is the best paint or material to use to cover up
this overspray. I am thinking of quicklime whitewash. But where do I
buy quicklime from?

I've used the wide aluminum shield for years and works pretty good:
http://store.marshalltown.com/catego...t=&pr iceend=

I would seal the brown areas first before applying the white paint otherwise
you could do 20 coats of white and the brown still bleed through - been
there, done that.

Whitewash: http://www.crisppointlighthouse.org/formula.html