Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default What paint for white stucco.

PaPaPeng wrote:

I had to sparay paint the walnut stain on the wood trim of my mostly
white stucco house. Brush painting would have been very long and
difficult to do by myself. There is some overspray of dark brown on
the stucco. What is the best paint or material to use to cover up
this overspray. I am thinking of quicklime whitewash. But where do I
buy quicklime from?

Oil or water based stain? If water based, you might be able to wash
most of it off (carefully) with brush and
hot soapy water. If oil based, you probably should use oil-based
stain-blocking primer, then paint.
A chip of the old paint can be matched pretty well at a good paint
store. Always easier to do it
right the first time )

We have a neighbor who had a spray-painting disaster inside his condo
because he changed his
mind about remodeling. We helped get dried latex paint off his
cabinets, counters and parquet
floor. Tough job, lots of Formula 409.

Is quicklime water soluble? If so, probably not the best solution.