Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default What paint for white stucco.

On May 8, 3:35*am, PaPaPeng wrote:
I had to sparay paint the walnut stain on the wood trim of my mostly
white stucco house. *Brush painting would have been very long and
difficult to do by myself. *There is some overspray of dark brown on
the stucco. *What is the best paint or material to use to cover up
this overspray. *I am thinking of quicklime whitewash. *But where do I
buy quicklime from?

Is it real stucco or the synthetic or painted stucco, real stucco use
stucco, but it wont match in color so it will have to be tinted, a
tough job even for a pro. If painted or synthetic, paint it, but again
color matching is going to be tough. If real stuco you might wire
brush off the overspray. If its painted you might try thinner if its
oil stain, or if water stain alcohol , soapy water to loosen and
remove overspray, and it depends on how much overspray, if real bad
refinishing the whole side might be best. But why anybody would spray
their trim because using a brush is to much work and didnt Mask the
trim is beyond me. You probably could have doubled the jobs cost by
not using a brush in the first place. Advise from a pro or a real
paint store is best show them photos and get real help of a pro.