Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default CH motorised valves gripe

In article ,
"Roger Mills" writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:

There's no hunting in the mid position unless something's broken
or wasn't wired properly. The motor's rotor is locked in mid
position by feeding it DC (or half-wave rectified AC), which is
generated in the head by a diode in the circuit.

I have to admit that none of mine (and I've needed several in the last 18
years) have actually suffered from hunting, but several people have
mentioned hunting in recent threads - so it *does* appear to be a problem.

It's probably a symptom of some failure, such as one of
the contacts not working or the diode going open-circuit.
If I had some free time (not at the moment), I might sit
down and work out what could cause it.

--
Andrew Gabriel