Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

Default Reduced hot water pressure

"Henk" wrote in message
Having just fitted a new bathroom, I now find that the hot water flow rate
is about half as it used to be, what could have caused that?

System is a standard boiler with hot water storage cylinder. Pipe work for
bath is 22mm, washbasin is 15mm.
Pipe work is virtually unchanged from previous setup, save for the
inclusion of isolating valves.
Taps are connected with flexible hoses and I have checked those for
eventual kinks, their fine.
Had to drain the system to make the connection and the drop in pressure
has happened since then.

Any suggestions of what could be the course and solution would be much
appreciated.

An expert will doubtless be along shortly but I would suspect reduced flow
through the isolating valve or a partial blockage due to crap being
disturbed when draining down

Connect a length of hose from the cold tap to the hot and turn on both to
reverse flush the hot
this may remove any crap

Tony

Henk