Bob McConnell

Default Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups

Top posting as Praising did -

This is a free country, and we have worked hard to make and keep it
that way. As a direct result, that manager has the freedom to decide
to whom he will donate his discretionary funds. If he decides that
certain groups do not meet his guidelines, either as published by HD
or as he interprets them, so be it. He has the freedom to make that
choice.

Just because his choices don't fit your needs or desires is no reason
to slander him or HD. They're not even trying to force you to
contribute to their choice of charities, although you will be if you
continue to buy from them.

So now you have to make a choice about patronizing their stores. But
there is no need to drag their name through the mud just because they
don't agree with you. That's simply an attempt to deny them their own
freedoms.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:40:06 -0400, "Praising Jesus"
wrote:

Do you believe that a public corporation should support charitable work? If
so, on what basis?

Most people believe so because they are trying to help someone in a special
need that has some relationship to their personal experience (i.e., a person
who lost someone to cancer, might donate to a cancer cure). What is it
called when a decision is made that cuts off that support, not based on the
work that's done, but on a personal view of hatred?

Well, Mr. Stock Holder, I don't want businesses operating in my neighborhood
that so discriminates. Wait until the next time a Home Deport needs a zoning
ordinance! We'll try and make room for people who want to help others and
get rid of those who want to hurt and hate.

Keep your eye on your stock prices.

---Mike

"PC" wrote in message
You asked, they said no, now go away. To believe that Home Depot owes
you anything is absurd. As a Home Depot stockholder I support their
position.

Phil

Praising Jesus wrote:
AFA Action Alert!
Home Depot Scorns Christian Groups
July 28, 2003

"You are a Christian ministry, and we will not donate any funds to any
church or Christian ministry." - Home Depot store manager

According to Home Depot policy, Christian-based organizations "need not
apply" when it comes to requesting donations which benefit the

community.
That's because Home Depot rejects grant applications if the organization
espouses Christianity.